||"There are no fetters like those of illusion (Maya), no strength like that which comes from discipline (Yoga), no friend higher than knowledge (Jnana) and no greater enemy than Egoism (Ahamkara)." - Yogi Shri Gheranda.
Yogacharya Dr. Sushil Bhattacharya, Founder Director of Patanjali Yoga Center in Kathmandu, Nepal and Sapta Yoga International, Sapta Yoga Ashram & Yogic Hospital, Kotalghosha, India travels to England, France, Germany, Grand Cayman, Switzerland, USA, Canada, Japan, Thailand, India and Nepal every year to share his happy and unique outlook on yoga.
His inspiration is the great Yogi Gheranda who in the Gheranda Samhita says: "As by learning the alphabets one can, through practice, master all the sciences, so by thoroughly practicing first the (physical) training, one acquires the Knowledge of Truth." "Like unto an unbaked earthen pot thrown in water, the body is soon decayed (in this world). Bake it hard in the fire of training in order to strengthen and purify the body."
The seven exercises which pertain to this training of the body are as follows:
1. Sat Karmas or Purification cleanses the body for higher practice. (This includes Dhauti, Basti, Neti, Trataka, Nauli and Kapala Bhati.)
2. Asana or Posture gives Dridhata or strength.
3. Mudra gives Sthirata or steadiness. (Mudras control the energy systems.)
4. Pratyahara gives Dhairyata or calmness. (This helps to withdraw the mind from outer objects of distraction.)
5. Pranayama gives Laghima or lightness. (Sushil says, "Some people are afraid to practice Pranayama, but there is no danger if one receives proper instruction. It helps to purify the body and mind, helping to remove sickness.")
6. Dhyana or Meditation gives Pratyakshata or perception of Self.
7. Samadhi or Self realisation.
In Sapta Yoga you will learn Hatha Yoga Asanas (Beginning, Intermediate & Advanced), Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation), Pranayama, Mudra, Kundalini Chakra Meditation, Yoga Nidra Relaxation, Shat Kriyas (Six Cleansing Methods), Yogic way of Fasting, Sapta Yoga Therapy & Yoga Ayurvedic Massage, Sanskrit Alphabet Writing & Mantra Chanting, Bhajan Singing (Devotional Songs), Yogic Vegetarian Cooking, Yoga Anatomy, and Sapta Yoga Philosophy, Patanjali Yoga Sutra, Gheranda Samhita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika and the Yogic Way of Living in modern society.
Yogacharya Dr. Sushil Bhattacharya